Saturday, September 15, 2012

WOW I thought Jimmy was old and grey but turns out with hours and hours of scrubbing and polishing, his upper half will be like a mirror. Hey maybe I should rub that Mothers on my old grey man.
I can NOT focus.
I went to Lowe's to buy wood trim for the interior and the door frame. Forgot the nails . I was distracted by the shiny lights. Which I didn't buy because my husband says I'm getting WAY ahead of myself. "Fix the inside before you fix the outside" just like the Kardashians trying to fix Rob at therapy. Oh the poor poor pretty people.

anyhoo started to pull off old trim around the door and found a MAJOR problem.  I have to go mix a drink and survey this problem. As you can see in the photo a board I thought was small and easy to replace actually runs 5 feet the length of the underside of Jimmy.  Measured and need to get on that.
Also the counter is bowed in the center. It needs to be raised up higher than my drink . uuggh. Shim shim shim . It appears the previous owner had a leaking water cooler. COLD BEER PEOPLE PRIORITIES DUH ! I would have noticed that immediatly !
So far today I have shopped at an RV store (Ralph was very helpful) shopped at Lowe's, shopped at Auto Zone. Ripped off about 10 minutes of wood veneer .Which is just another way of saying fancy plywood. So not much work done today. Whew I'm tired and ready for a bourbon coke in Jimmy. I think I will sit back and survey the plantation. Fiddle Dee Dee I'll think about it tomorrow.
Enjoy your dirty day !

No comments:

Post a Comment