Saturday, September 8, 2012

♫ Let's get it started in here ♪♫♪

Ok to start my blog I will tell you a little about myself. I love old things LOVE LOVE LOVE . I grew up in the country corn fields of little town Iowa. Cruzin' gravels, pitching beer bottles at stop signs and Friday nights at the races. This does not define me however it did make me who I am. We were poor so I always found a way to reinvent items. One of my first memories as a collector of the "DIRT" was going to the junk yard with my dad . About 8 years old and armed with the attitude "they threw it away so it's mine". I have had this attitude for 40+ years now. I'd picked up old books and dishes to decorate my little 8x8 bedroom.  Old pictures to cover the holes in the plastered walls, old rugs to cover the shitty linoleum floors and anything I could find to put a candle in. (secret pyromaniac ) . Burned MANY things as a child including a wheat pasture in mid August .. uugh that is a whole other story I won't get into  ( got my butt whipped).
Married young, have 3 beautiful kids. Two are collectors but I am starting to think the oldest is a hoarder. Moved her a couple of times now,  No one needs 20 used butter dishes, NO ONE. "Oh No Zombie apocalypse thank goodness I have this Parkay warfare to save my skinny butt!"
Like I was saying I tend to collect a lot of old items so I can live in the past.
My latest "Dirty Find" is a 1958 Aloha camper trailer. I am going to show my progress of RESTORATION  ( spoken in a very hootie tootie voice ) on this new little blog.
Found it on EBay and only had to drive 2 hours from St Louis to pick it up (GO BLUES !).
It's a pretty solid little piece of crap. Problems getting a title so I must drink Jim Beam heavily the first day it's in my driveway. Not sure how long it can stay in the driveway due to the old bitty across the court who has the subdivision board on speed dial... rules rules rules, not a breaker but I am a bender.
 posting a few pitchers " that's how I say it grammar snobs" don't even get me started on the word wash (warsh). 
Enjoy your dirty day !

2 comments:

  1. Now that was one fun read. I gots to warsh my elly mae glampette tomorrow. I get teased all the tie on wash lol where are u located in Illinois? I am way up yonder on Illinois Wisconsin border in Rockford suburb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda I am in Missouri near St Louis. Can't wait to get Jimmy on the road. Love the name of your camper !!!!

    ReplyDelete