Wednesday, September 19, 2012

That's me "Shortcake" in 1970 standing next to my grandpas little "canned ham". Years & Years ago ! The plaid poncho would be so Hip & Jiggy With It now days ... am I right? 
Some families went to exotic locations like Mexico, Hawaii or Canada my family went to a lake. Any lake. We camped, we fished mostly for bullheads (more ugly than cat shit in a sandbox) not to be confused with the pretty Missouri River catfish. The adults got the campers and the kids got the tents. Flashlights, mosquito bites and peeing near the closest tree. aaahhhh I love camping ! I have done the tent thing for 46 years now. done done done can't wait to take my "Jimmy" to Montauk State Park to hook some pretty rainbow trout.
Did a little more (like I'm ever done) shopping today at an antique store. Something *POPPED* out at me that I couldn't resist ! Don't know what the heck I'm gonna do with it but it was screaming
 BUY ME!!  BUY ME !!
so I pulled out $2 in change for the little gem. The lady gave me a weird look as I thanked her and giggled out the door.

Maybe the brass belt buckle will hold up my waders the next time I lose my balance in the stream.
Enjoy your dirty day !

No comments:

Post a Comment