Monday, September 24, 2012

 
Bought another one !!
Found this little 10 foot gem on Craigslist for $300 couldn't pass it up . We had to haul it about 50 miles. ((~*50 horrible stressful miles*~)) We were told the tires were cracked , so we decided to haul it home on a trailer .  NOTE : most of these campers look WAY better on Craigslist than in person. Just saying got to this farm and saw a pile of shit on the lawn . The ole farmer smirks and says "there's your beauty!" I really just wanted it for parts but I wanted all the parts not falling apart.
Got it up on the trailer NOTE  the rounded front of this little gem.
We only got about 3 miles down the back country road when my husband yelled " We just lost part of the door !!" UUGGH . Pulled into a gas station. Wanted to buy a tall boy colt 45 because I felt like trailer trash but bought a slim Jim and Duct tape instead. OK and a candy bar .. SHUT UP I was stressed ! The Slim Jim was for my hubby's nerves and the Duct tape was for the door. We had to punch a hole in the cabinet with an old copper wire, wrap it around the frame in hopes we wouldn't lose anymore pieces off  of this DAMN little Gem !

 
 Macgyvered
 
 
Our view from the truck was so dang scary . Look how the wind was bending the front of the camper in.  The camper was actually breathing. you could see it going in and out in and out .. Thought for sure this DAMN LITTLE GEM was going to end up all over interstate 55.
Made it to the shop and the first thing my hubby did was grab a beer.
I grabbed a tool and started to dismantle my treasure. Got some great parts for Jimmy and now my hubby has a trailer to haul more shit for me when I find it.
I was sad to see one of these vintage campers end up in a  metal pile but this one was too far gone to save.
I got a great little turquoise stove top and sink. Not sure if I will use it in Jimmy or if I will resell it.
 
 
The moral of this story is "Do what your wife tells you, always carry duct tape and you will be rewarded with beer in the end!"
 
Enjoy your dirty day !
 





No comments:

Post a Comment