Monday, July 1, 2013

PAINT * PAINT * PAINT

Wow it has been awhile since my last post ... I am a wood working paint covered crazed glamper.
I had to scrub my little Princess stove ♛ inside and out.
 A can of oven cleaner and some steel wool did the trick.
 I decided to glamp it up a bit to match the inside of Jimmy.
After searching the web (75% of my day) I ordered a high heat engine paint to complete the job.
************
Haven't hooked it up to the propane tank yet to see if I can burn  a can of pork & beans
(pork = little white chunk of squishy fat product, yuck) 
 BUT the little Princess Stove ♛ sure does look PURDY!
 


OH WAIT ... there was that issue I had with the High Heat Engine Paint...
 
I had to do a few touch ups so I sprayed a little of the beautiful turquoise paint into a
"red solo cup" 
 I took the pieces outside to dry came back and found THIS ... DUH  DUH  DUUUUHHH ...
 
 The bottom of the red cup totally melted and left a beautiful red ring on my kitchen table.
Jim Beam would NEVER do this !
 
 
Maybe after I'm finished with my custom Camper table I can fix the kitchen one !
 
Enjoy your Dirty Day !
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Okay....just bought a 1962 Holiday House 18' travel trailer (my 3rd trlr)
    It has a princess stove wi what looks to be a stainless cook top....it was filthy....cleaned up perty good but still has dark maybe rustys around in the burner areas....have u tried to get something like this off?....nothing seems to work for me....been using steel wool wi various methods....help!!! Maybe I just need to have it re chromed?....it isnt a shiny surface and my magnet sticks to it...maybe its not stainless....have searched and searched the web trying to get advice....thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am by no means a professional . but it sounds like the actual metal has blistered from time and heat . Your best bet would be to take it to an auto body shop they might be able to grind it down and repolish or at least give you some ideas Ann. Or go to Faceboodk to Tin Can Tourist page. post a photo and ask .. everyone is such a great help on that page. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim. Just discovered your blog today. Very entertaining! I have a little Glendette that I call Betty. Love her to death :) When I saw those pics of your water tank it reminded me of last summer when I was trying to dislodge mine. Talk about a tight spot to work in, lol. You can see some pics of my tin can on my little blog.
    http://summerfriends-beth.blogspot.ca/.
    Hope you post again soon; love to see all your progress.
    Cheers,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your table. May have to consider this for mine rather than the expensive boomerang formica. I, too, must make the cut off "butt access" corner to get by my Princess stove/oven and into the dinette seat. I've seen lots of them though....so I know we are in good company. :-) Where did you find the little Princess Crown logo you used in your blog? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not sure why that posted under my business name....but this is Lorette from Oregon who has the other 1958 Aloha.

    ReplyDelete