Sunday, October 7, 2012

Wine & Prime Wine & Prime
I have begun the dauntless task of priming the birch wood. I have read so many blogs of how it is a SIN to paint over the precious birch inside these little canned hams . Well I have said a couple of Hail Marys and a few Our Fathers for penance and I have drank A LOT of sacred wine to ease my consciences . A LOT !
I splurged on the most expensive primer because ..... I'm lazy.
Did the scratch test the next morning and it's as strong as Fort Knox.

As you can see I am also slow as molasses because it was light when I started and two bottles of wine, a scraped knuckle and hair streaked like the bride of Frankenstein it is now night time.
I fixed two of the little windows in the back of the camper so none of the hot young fisherman I catch will be able to escape my lair. Just call me Mrs Robinson.  *smirk slyly*
Such mind fantasies  ...


Now I need to come up with a craft for wine corks for my sweet little camper !
IDEAS WELCOME ! * CLINK *
 Enjoy your dirty day !!
 
 

 
 

5 comments:

  1. What to do with wine corks? Wine cork picture frames, coasters, succulent pots....... hmmmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I should do my backsplash in my little Jimmmy with corks ? Do tell me about the succulent pots... I am intrigged

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just had time to read your entire blog and it is pure delight. I have a 59 Mobile Scout but didn't have to go through the redoing like you are. Mine was done but in cowboy style and I am also stuck in the 50's so repainted. I have a lot of the same stuff you are collecting for little Jimmy. Watching your progress if very enjoyable and fun! Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pinterest is full of cork ideas. My husband used to date and make a comment on all our corks. When he passed away, I made a bulletin board with all the corks. Turned out pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the western look. I see cute cowboy stuff at the antique store all the time. I'm thinking of painting a cowgirl pin up on one of my cabinets maybe throw a scotty dog by her feet ... I keep daydreaming and nothing's getting done. I just keep collecting more and more corks. The process of collecting those is the most fun !

    ReplyDelete